Blog Anniversary

Blush pink dress

Vintage Dress (similar options here, here and here) | London Rebel Espadrilles (sold at Asos) (similar here, here and here) | Forever21 Hat (similar here, here and here) | Vintage Bag (similar here)

Location: Real Alcázar (TripAdvisor), Seville, Spain

Yesterday it was precisely one year since I hit the “publish” button on my very first blog post. What better way to celebrate it than with a photo in which I’m wearing the dress my mother wore on another landmark whose importance can hardly be overstated: my parents’ wedding! It’s oversized, blush pink and made of cotton. Not your usual wedding dress, but how cool is it to get married in a dress that can be reincarnated by your daughter two decades further down the road as a summer dress, worn with just a wide belt, lace espadrilles and a hat?

My blogging endeavour has brought a whirlwind of adventures my way, enlightened me about social media channels I wasn’t even aware of before, and provided me with a ginormeous pile of photos I never suspected my hard drive could handle. Starting my blog has been such a milestone for me. Thank you all for your amazing support: your comments, likes, tweets and e-mails bring a smile to my face every day. I can’t wait to see what year two has in store for me.

Also, on the occasion of my blog’s first anniversary, I’d love to flip roles with you for a day. Instead of me telling you about my outfits, travels and other escapades, I’d like to hear your view on all of it. Which stories have resonated most with you this year? What kind of posts do you want to see more of? The outfit posts, the travel diaries, or the occasional food and shopping posts? Let me know on this blush pink flavoured blogiversary…

1. Sjolieka July 22, 2016

Miauwwww wow wow! I like it!
    One year is impressive, but two even more! So keep on going! 😊

2. John Burke July 2, 2016

Mr. Scianna!! A friend just posted your photo of me from 1985 on Facebook! I’d never seen it before!! I’m so proud and glad to have seen it! Thank you for taking it…and here we are 31 years later and I’m just seeing it for the first time. Life (and the internet!) are so strange and funny! I feel I’ve lived a hundred lifetimes since that Summer day!! I’m sending you all my thanks, my gratitude, and my warmest wishes for your talent, your adventures, your spirit, and your journey through this beautiful world! May you always be surrounded by light and love, just the way you have sent light and love out into the world around you with your art. John Burke (Sybil Bruncheon)

3. Daniela April 29, 2016

Congratulations! Your blog is so beautiful! I love all your posts. I think your approach is a bit close to my own, as you also like to combine travel and outfit in one post. It’s not so common, but for me it’s so obvious as country or city inspire us in our outfit choices so much! Your (mother’s) dress are so beautiful and timeless! Great styling as always. And thank you for your wonderful book once again. I’m currently trying to save money for new lenses and full frame camera. Your book convinced me even more, that it’s really time for upgrade.

You know, I was trying to imagine your face. Haha. But it’s obvious you are beautiful inside and out as well.

Wish you safe travels and happy creating!

Love,

Daniela

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Hi Daniela,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment. I’ve been following your blog as well and I agree that the concept of our blogs is quite similar! It’s quite fun to see someone else put such an emphasis on travel, photography and nice writing, as I do too! Most blogs are rather heavily focused on outfits but I believe that adding these other elements adds an extra dimension. Your blog is quite young but so far I have really enjoyed your blog posts very much! Good luck further developing your photography and saving for an upgrade of your camera equipment!

Xx
      Bold Bliss

4. Petite Maison of Fashion April 28, 2016

Happy blogaversary! I’d love to see more travel posts because you’ve visited such wonderful locations in the past year.

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, Emma! I’ll definitely keep focusing on travel the coming year :) Have a lovely Sunday!

5. Leonard S. Ogilvy April 27, 2016

As to good taste I have always thought that it is more a matter of nurture than of nature. Your anniversary blog seems to confirm it. If your mother wore that pink dress on her wedding day and kept it for you in her closet all the time, it is clear that she was of great influence on your sense of style and beauty. I guess she’s proud of you. And your father and, if you have them, brothers and sisters ought to be proud too and fans of your inspiring blog.

Leonard S. Ogilvy

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Haha, I definitely inherited a lot of my taste in clothes from my mom, I’m recycling so many of her dresses!

6. David Hall April 27, 2016

BB – Oh so glad that you hit the publish button :)
    David

7. Denise April 27, 2016

Congratulations! The feeling of accomplishing it and reaching a year-versary is amazing! I liked that you wore your mother’s wedding dress and also, that she wore a different dress – I like pink and cotton and different wedding dresses. I like your blog the way it is, with amazing pictures!
    DenisesPlanet.com

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Thank you for your lovely feedback! I’ll try and keep focussing on great photography :)

8. Jane April 27, 2016

Moving post: anniversary and reference to your parents’ wedding. I like this personal touch!

Again very beautiful setting and picture of it. Nice style your mother had :). Keep amazing us!!

Jane

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Yes, I owe a lot to my mother! Thanks for your praise for my blog! I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

9. Holly April 27, 2016

Waw, this is the most amazing photo ever, in dazzling surroundings.

Certainly give me more of your adventurous travel posts, they are wonderful. But I do like your outfits very much too. They always make me want to go shopping!

Looking forward…

Holly

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll keep posting lots of travel & outfit posts!

10. Thuy April 27, 2016

I’d love to see more outfits!

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Thank you Thuy! I’ll make sure to keep posting lots of outfits…