7 Essential Tips to Make Your Travel Photos Shine

Castle of Gourdon France

Location: the meticulously trimmed gardens of the mountain castle of Gourdon (TripAdvisor), France

Do you sometimes wonder how some travel photographers manage to make photos that simply take you to a different world? I had the honour to write a guest post for the ultimate women’s traveler community Dame Traveler (I adore its Instagram page!) in which I’m sharing 7 essential travel photography tips that will help you catch the glory of extraordinary places and moments as well as add to your travel photography an artistic surplus that will astonish yourself and, who knows, the world… You can read the full article here.

For those of you who have read my photograhy e-book, this guest post is still worth a read because I’m sharing some practical tips specifically related to travel which are not in the e-book. Also vice versa (if you’re keen to know more after you’ve read my guest post for the Dame Traveler community), I can refer you to the free e-book I’ve written for my readers on the topic of photography, which includes more detailed tips and secrets on camera settings, composition, lighting, location, editing and my recommendations for camera and lenses for every budget. In order to receive the download link for the e-book, subscribe to my newsletter through this page or subscribe through the box below.

1. Bella Welch September 22, 2016

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

2. Lenny Lee March 26, 2016

Thank you for once again an outstanding photo. This is more than a case of serendipity. You must have thought: What a beautiful shrine of green… Let me put a tiny blue gem in it and see what it looks like. The simplicity of the idea reveals your photographic genius. I have decided to read your e-book on photography?

Lenny Lee

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Serendipity… One of the most beautiful words in this language… Thank you for your beautiful comment!

3. Yasmin March 21, 2016

Just went through the article and there are some fabulous tips. I really need to work on landscape photos with detail. I get lazy and do the blur photos often. But I love the look of a crisp detailed landscape shot. I just don’t have a full frame camera, which makes it harder. I wish I had thought about this before I invested in my camera, but at the time I was prioritizing light weight and price. I’ve gotta go back and finish your e-book! So far so good :)

xx Yasmin

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Thank you Yasmin! I love the photos on your blog and I think you’re getting great results with your crop frame camera already! Good luck practicing your landscape photography :)

4. Wolodja Dubkov March 21, 2016

Thank you so much for your breathtaking photography and above all for the instruction manual inviting people like me to follow in your footsteps

Wolodja Dubkov

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Good luck with the e-book! Hope you get to use it a lot!

5. Cristina March 16, 2016

It is a stunning picture! Congrats on the guest post, I’m going to head over to Dame Traveler and read it :)

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any further questions…

6. Thuy March 14, 2016

That’s so awesome. Congratulations! I have your e-book but haven’t read it yet. Will be reading that article now. I will be practicing with my DSLR while I’m in Paris so this should be a good read.

• Bold Bliss May 1, 2016

Hope you get to practice a lot while you’re in Paris! Let me know how it goes :)