Shining Peony

Chapelle Saint-Louis Tournehem-sur-la-Hem

Crystal blue gown BCBG

RepousséJewelry by Galmer cuff

Light blue pleated ball gown

BCBG Caia chiffon-pleated gown and Repoussésilver cuff

Touch of gold peony bracelet

RepousséJewelry by Galmer silver cuff

Crystal blue crisscross maxi dress

BCBG Caia crisscross lace pleated gown

Silver cuff with gold center from Repoussé Jewelry by Galmer

BCBG pleated maxi dress

Church ruins on Mont Saint-Louis Tournehem-sur-la-Hem

Light blue billowing maxi dress

Chapel Saint-Louis Tournehem-sur-la-Hem

Repoussé Jewelry by Galmer CuffBCBG Gown (on sale, also available here, similar options here, here and here)

Two weekends ago, we drove to the wuthering heights of Tournehem-sur-la-Hem, a small village in the north of France. A tip by a well-known photographer was enough to make us rummage the area for a hill called “Mont Saint Louis”. There, tucked away on the green crest, were the weather-beaten ruins of a 15th-century gothic chapel. Since the chapel is not visible from the road, it’s only frequented by initiates (formerly Gallic druids, today wanderers, hikers and photographers). We marvelled at the wide views of what seemed to be never-ending rolling hills and plains, seemingly unspoilt by human habitation. The expanses and moors were wild, wistful and longing for French counterparts of Emily Bronte’s tragic heroes Catherine and Heathcliff.

It was the perfect setting to showcase a piece of perfection that I’ve warmly welcomed into my jewellery box lately. It’s a silver cuff from Repoussé Jewelry by Galmer, a brand of fine luxury silver jewelry designed by iconic silver artist Michael Galmer who has a background in designing for Tiffany & Co. I love how the brand effortlessly seems to blend the lines between timeless and modern, eye-catching and wearable, whimsical and sophisticated.

The intricate peony detail of my cuff and the subtle touch of gold in the center of the blossom are just lovely and while I wore it, my eyes were drawn over and over again to the illuminating sheen that reflected from my wrist and made me feel luxurious in every way. I wore the cuff with a billowing maxi dress from BCBG making for an outfit that would not be out of place at a Viennese ball. However, the cuff would look equally beautiful dressed down with just a simple knit sweater or dress.

It’s almost winter in this part of Europe and the temperatures have dropped below 10° C, but standing there on the wuthering heights of the Mont Saint-Louis, my dress catching the wind, my skin the warmth of the evening sun and my cuff the radiance of the dying light, I couldn’t have felt warmer inside.

1. Stunning dress, pictures and landscape! I love it!

xo Margot

2. Emmajane January 14, 2016

An absolutely stunning dress! Wow! X

Ever wanted to know hoe to style 70s bell bottoms? Head over to
     hailandharmony.blogspot.ie  // BLOGLOVIN

3. Leanne Lavoie January 4, 2016

Your photography skills are awe-inspiring and for someone who hasn’t experienced wanderlust, I have no doubt that you’ll help to spread this wonderful condition :)

Your skill in accessorizing landscape with your beautiful fashion choices is epic – it’s hard to decide where to look first in most shots :D

I’d love, LOVE, love to accessorize your nails!

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

That’s such a beautiful comment! I really was moved when reading it :)
      Unfortunately I don’t collaborate with nail brands at the moment but if that would change, I’ll let you know.
      Have a great weekend! Xx

4. NikolaKnazikova December 28, 2015

Oh my GOD!!♥
    Soooo GEORGEOUS!!♥
    I love it your dress, blog and you!♥

Have an awesome day!
    XOXO

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thanks for all the love and the superlatives :) Have a great weekend!

5. Emilie Perrier December 25, 2015

waw amazing pics ! lovely dress

6. Denise December 24, 2015

I had such a busy Nov and Dec, well, like everybody else, so I was a bit absent, but would like to wish you a great Christmas time! In January things will be more peaceful, so I can visit your blog more often, and see this amazing style that you have! The place in France is simply fantastic and yes, the right one for such an amazing dress! You really have excellent taste! Merry Christmas!
    DenisesPlanet.com

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

It’s sometimes hard juggling life and a blog, I agree! (Proof of that is the time I’m writing this comment – I should have answered your comment weeks ago already) :) Hope 2016 is not overly busy for you and leaves you enough time for your blog! (That’s one of my main New Year’s wishes for myself at least.)

7. Annessa @ Seeking Sunshine December 22, 2015

Gorgeous outfit and photos! I love how angelic your dress looks!

annessa

8. Ramona December 22, 2015

Just everything in these pictures are perfect! And you got some amazing lightning as well!

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thank you! P.S. Your name reminds me of Ramona in the series Cold Feet (that’s the only time I’ve heard that name before) :)

9. Mira Tolvanen December 21, 2015

Looks great!

10. Gemma December 21, 2015

Such a pretty dress and great photos. Gemma xx

11. Monika December 21, 2015

These photos turned out so well! The cuff is truly beautiful and the location is such a gorgeous setting! I think it’s great that it’s not a well known spot so that it can remain unaffected by what would surely come with massive amounts of foot traffic.

-M

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

You’re absolutely right about that! The place felt even more charming because we realised that few people know about this place. It quite did feel like a secret place…

12. Seppy December 21, 2015

I am constantly blown away by your pictures!

I saw the dress on Instagram but I’m loving it even more that I see all the details on my laptop – love love love!

And one thing that I Love about Europe that I don’t get here living in Montreal is having these amazing historic settings to take pictures in – so beautiful!

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thank you, Seppy! I know, I’m lucky to live in Europe: there are so many beautiful historic places here and they’re not that far from each other. A drive of just an hour already gives you lots of options of nice settings. Xx

13. Malu December 21, 2015

This dress looks great on you! Wow this looks like it was well worth the trip. The north of France is as amazing as I thought it would be and I like that this was a cool landscape shoot with your dress. Plus, you had the perfect amount of accessories. You can never go wrong with minimalism. Great look!

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thank you Malu! The North of France is usually not as amazing as the South but if you do some research, you can find some wonderful gems there as well (like this one). I really loved the rolling hills in the area. Xx

14. The late Billy Wilder December 20, 2015

My God, don’t tell me it was nothing but the wind playing with your marvelous dress! You did use a 21st century wind machine, didn’t you? And an exquisite one too, I must say, because the folds of your billowing dress are just perfect. I daresay my sequence in ‘The Seven Year Itch’ of Marilyn standing on a subway grate while her white dress is blown by a passing train, was rightly called both iconic and ironic, but with the help of your wind machine I gladly would have eliminated every irony from the scene just to end up with the heavenly beauty of Bold Bliss.

The late Billy Wilder (1906-2002), screenwriter, filmmaker and producer

• The late Marilyn Monroe December 20, 2015

My God, don’t tell me it was my billowing dress, Billy, and not my legs that you were interested in. But I confess that if we could redo the scene I would prefer the Bold Bliss dress and the wind machine and, above all, that… how-do-you-call-it? jewel.

The late Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), American actress and model.

• The late Billy Wilder December 20, 2015

Repoussé, my dear. Peony repoussé. By Michael Palmer.

The late Billy Wilder (1906-2002), screenwriter, filmmaker and producer

• The late Marilyn Monroe December 20, 2015

Thanks, Billy. Odd word for such a gorgeous jewel. But listen, let’s go back at once for a sensational Bold Bliss remake of the Itch.

The late Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), American actress and model.

15. LifeStyleTalks December 20, 2015

That dress is just magnificent! Beautiful photographs as well!

16. Scarllet December 19, 2015

I just died this dress is amazing it looks so good on you !! And the photos are simply gorgeous

Haha, thank you :)

17. Ashley December 18, 2015

What a gorgeous dress! The location too <3

18. Heba December 18, 2015

That dress looks amazing on you! I love your blog style (I say that every time!).

Heba xx || The Heba

19. Ela December 17, 2015

As always, your photos are amazing! You really found an amazing place to take these photos. Your dress looks so elegant and beautiful, it fits you perfectly.

20. Kamila December 17, 2015

Absolutely stunning!! You look like princess from Disney’s films <3

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

As a nostalgic having quite fond memories of the Disney films I used to watch as a child, I’ll take that as a compliment! Xx

21. Petite Maison of Fashion December 17, 2015

That dress is absolutely breathtaking. I love the elegant movement of the fabric in your photos.

Thank you, Emma!

22. Diana December 17, 2015

This is by far my favourite post from you till now!!! Everything is perfection, from the dress to the landscape, the shots… amazing work, wo well done!!!

Diana P. | Cups & Roses

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thank you Diana! It’s definitely one of my favourite posts as well. It was absolutely worth braving the cold in that dress for these photos :)

23. Cristina December 17, 2015

What a stunning photo shoot. It made me think of Wuthering Heights as soon as I saw the pics, before reading the post!

Really? That’s so funny! :) Have a great weekend! Xx

24. Thuy December 17, 2015

Gorgeous photos and you look incredible in that dress! The light is to die for.

Thank you!

25. Dorothy December 17, 2015

Your reference to Wuthering Heights is exactly to the point! You could feature an amazing Catherine Earnshaw on a windy deserted place. The nature around this is old chapel is as barren as the moors of the story! Utterly romantic. I adore this post!!!

Dorothy

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

Thank you for this lovely comment!

26. Michèle December 17, 2015

This is the most amazing bracelet one could imagine: shining silver and gold and marvellous design. This is exactly what I was looking for for the coming feasts! I can imagine this is what Audrey Hepburn would buy at tiffany’s :)

Thanks!

Michèle

• Bold Bliss January 8, 2016

The cuff just shines so beautifully (I don’t know what they do to achieve that!). I’m trying to imagine how stunning it would look around the wrist of Audrey Hepburn, it’s indeed something that Holly Golightly might be fond of :)