Crop Top and Dungarees, For Better or For Worse

Crop top and dungarees - Bold Bliss

Black crop top, dungarees and pumps - Bold Bliss

Black Free People crop top and denim dungarees - Bold Bliss

Free People smocked crop top with denim dungarees - Bold Bliss

Dungarees in front of the Castle of Enghien, Belgium - Bold Bliss

Free People Top | H&M Dungarees (similar here, here and here) | Zara Bag (similar here and here) | Asos Pumps (similar here and here) | Forever 21 Necklace (similar here, here and here)

Good morning y’all! I’m back in front of my computer after a blogging break of over two weeks. My thoughts upon nestling myself in front of my screen with a damping cup of coffee are oscillating between hoping that no one noticed my absenteeism, and hoping that you all did. I’ve missed blogging a little bit, well, insofar as that’s überhaupt possible while in a constant state of being blown away by the breathtaking sights of the French Riviera.

Those breathtaking sights, captured on lens with utmost dedication, will gradually make it to your screen in the next couple of weeks. Make sure you stay tuned! So as not to immediately kill the suspense I’ve just contrived, today’s post is still an older one, shot in Enghien, Belgium (see also this previous post shot there).

Today’s outfit is a happy marriage of two treasured but previously deemed unwearable items in my closet: 1. dungarees recalling children’s television presenters of the seventies (repelling men and women alike); 2. a smocked crop top that seemed a curious merge of the “peek-a-belly” midriff fashion of that same era and the off-the-shoulder costumes of Zorro-heroine Elena de la Vega. Each of them worthless in itself, but quite marvellous together: it’s one of those rare cases where one plus one equals three!

Unless you have other ideas of what to wear with dungarees or with a black smocked crop top like this one, I guess today’s blissful pair of garments will live happily ever after.

1. Snoopy October 7, 2015

3…2….1…0.999….03998….0.997…. Oh, no!
    Damn silent sphinxes!.
    As good as a dog is bad.
    I think I’m going to take a…
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…

Snoopy

2. Snoopy October 7, 2015

Well, you ARE stubborn. As a mule. (Except for the braying.)

O.K. I start the countdown for MY silence: 100, 99, 98, 97…

Snoopy

3. Snoopy October 7, 2015

Or a sonnet? Or a biodegradable doggy bag? Just say what you want.

Snoopy

4. Snoopy October 7, 2015

As the silence between us seems to deepen, shall I use it as a canvas on which to… well, I don’t feel like painting now, but I could explain what a haiku is.

Snoopy

5. Snoopy October 7, 2015

And please do not forget that it was dedicated to Frank and Marion Scott. (an attempt to communicate).

Snoopy

6. Snoopy October 7, 2015

By the way, the title of that poem of good old Leonard is: Summer Haiku.

Snoopy

7. Snoopy October 7, 2015

Yes, girls, I know what Leonard Cohen said:

Silence

and a deeper silence

when the crickets

hesitate

But at least he SAID it.

Snoopy

8. Snoopy October 7, 2015

O.K. But then: what did you think? Do not tell me you didn’t think anything!

Snoopy

9. Snoopy October 7, 2015

Or did you all remain silent?

Snoopy

10. Snoopy October 7, 2015

A conversation between three sphinxes: I definitely would have liked to eavesdrop on it.

Snoopy

11. Yasmin September 28, 2015

I have been wanting to try this look for a while, but summer is over and it’s starting to get a bit too chilly for crop tops. It looks great on you!

xx Yasmin

12. vanessa September 24, 2015

totally love this!!

TheVogueWord
    TheVogueWord

13. Wandeleur September 23, 2015

Obsessed with this look!! The overalls are FABULOUS!!!!

xo,

Wandeleur

14. Ela September 21, 2015

Dungarees look great! I was wearing them quite a lot when I was a teenage however never worn them again, maybe I should change it. Looking really pretty!

• Bold Bliss September 25, 2015

Yup, you definitely should give it a try :)

15. kimchi_dolls September 21, 2015

Such a cute outfit! I like everything about it!!

16. Melissa September 21, 2015

I am so in love with this look, especially those overalls. I have a pair, but I have been looking for the perfect boyfriend style. I love how you wore it with a crop top to show some skin. It gave your outfit an edgier look. Great post!

• Bold Bliss September 25, 2015

Great that you want to give the dungarees a try too! Curious how you will style it :)

17. Kuo September 21, 2015

i’ve missed your posts(: but i’m glad that you’ve been enjoying your time in france (for some reason a small part of me feels like i got that wrong even though you said you’ve been at the french rivera??) i’m into how you combined two throwback pieces with such a classic pair of heels. the pointed toes make the whole look feel cool and modern

• Bold Bliss September 25, 2015

I’m so glad to read that I have some faithful readers :) Yup, it’s France (the very south of it). I imagine that for people outside Europe the geographic set-up of Europe must be rather complicated. Glad that you liked my outfit! Xx

18. Danielle September 21, 2015

I like that you wore heels with those dungarees. This is the second time I visit your blog and I’m glad you are back. Have a nice week!

• Bold Bliss September 25, 2015

That’s so sweet of you. I’m glad that you’re back on my blog too :) A very nice week to you too!