Swinging, Swirling Sixties

Green paisley dress and tan sandals - Bold Bliss

Green millefiori necklace - Bold Bliss

New Look saddle bag and tan sandals - Bold Bliss

Green paisley sixties dress with mint bag - Bold Bliss

New Look mint green textured across body bag - Bold Bliss

Pavilion of the Seven Stars, Park of Enghien, Wallonia, Belgium - Bold Bliss

Tobi Dress (somewhat similar here and here) | New Look Bag, on sale (similar here, here and here) | Tobi Sandals (sold out, similar options here, here, here and here) | Vintage Necklace (somewhat similar here and here) | Bangle (similar)

Today, I’m swinging back to the Sixties under the elegant roof of the baroque Pavillon des Sept Etoiles (Pavilion of the Seven Stars). We discovered this charming heptagonal gazebo in the middle of a pond somewhere in the park surrounding the Castle of Enghien, Belgium.

I was wearing a colourful A-line dress, the hemline of which gleefully seemed to reach for the roof of the pavilion, resulting in quite a leg-revealing length (but a sixties dress ought to be mini, right?). I wore it with a simple mint green saddle bag that I own in four different colours as a result of a flurry of indecision at the time of purchase (see this instagram). To finish the look, I threw in a white silk headband, a millefiori necklace and some Twiggy poses (the latter may need some further practice though – I hope Twiggy, who must be in her sixties now, doesn’t take offence at my clumsy imitation.)

While doing my best to adopt some “Twiggy cool”, I suddenly noticed strokes of light swirling on the white ceiling of the Pavillon. Was it the reflection of the rippling water of the pond? Or was it the swirling paisley pattern of my dress that created a psychedelic reflection on the vault? You might dismiss my last idea as a mere foray into fantasy inspired by the Sixties mood that had suddenly taken over, but I’m still not sure…

1. Kuo August 22, 2015

i absolutely love the bright colors and the sixties vibe. i’m a fan of twiggy as well(: i love looking through photos of her and seeing her make up and outfits. so cool that you emulated/imitated some of her poses. i think it made the post more fun(:

• Bold Bliss September 2, 2015

Thanks! I really enjoy trying to recreate a certain vibe or atmosphere (like sixties here) as I find it adds an extra story to a blog post and makes it more interesting. I’m glad to hear you appreciated it :)

2. Sara Nuša August 22, 2015

These photos are really beautiful!

3. John P. August 22, 2015

The way you match the colours of your outfit with the ‘Que c’est beau!’ of the gazebo is stunning. The way you combine the barely bearable lightness of your being with the steadfast solidity of the belvedere is unsurpassable.

John P., professor of aesthetic theory

4. Ramona August 22, 2015

Woah, love the location and your dress and just everything! Well done!

5. Hayley Larue August 21, 2015

Omg, this dress is gorgeous! Such a perfect dress for summer, and looks so easy to style up or down depending on where you’re going. LOVE it!

StyledbyBlondie.com

6. vanessa troset August 21, 2015

Beautiful pictures and lovely outfit.
    Kisses from http://www.vanedresscode.com

7. M August 21, 2015

Gorgeous dress! Lovely photos

Made in MauveBloglovin

8. Danielle August 21, 2015

Love the print of the dress. The place is beautiful!

9. Heba August 21, 2015

This place looks so interesting! Great outfit!
    Heba xx || The HebaBloglovinInstagram

10. Marissa August 21, 2015

Absolutely stunning pictures, this place is now on my list of travel spots I need to go to! xx

11. jenessa August 20, 2015

I love this look!

XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

12. bri August 20, 2015

Omg I LOVE your blog and style! Keep up the great work because you are amazing! I hope you get a million followers! xoxo

Love,
    Bri

• Bold Bliss September 2, 2015

That’s such a sweet comment – it means a lot to me! Your blog is lovely too :)

13. Rachel August 20, 2015

Gorgeous look, that dress is so lovely on you and I am loving that bag! Lovely photos! xo

14. Your late Granny Nanny August 20, 2015

So nice, dear! Keep practising the Twiggy-look, but do not exaggerate. In fact I prefer your long hair and healthy complexion to the boyish coiffure and pale broomstick stature of Twiggy in her twenties.

Your late Granny Nanny

• The late Grace Gillies (1828-1887) August 20, 2015

Dear Granny Nanny of Bold Bliss,

The girl who became a world-famous fashion icon of the Sixties under the name of Twiggy was in fact my great-granddaughter Lesley Lawson (°1949). I have always been proud of that, but up to the present day I do not know whether I like that nickname, that haircut and the somewhat unhappy appearance she launched in the fashion world of her days. So I can understand your message to your granddaughter. But be assured: she looks well and is not in danger of anorexia. And as far as my great-granddaughter is concerned, with the exception of the name Twiggy she has dropped most of what once made her iconic. Look at her website (http://twiggylawson.co.uk/ ) and you will discover my happy, long-haired great-granddaughter, of whom I am as proud as you are of your great granddaughter.

The late Grace Gillies (1828-1887), great-grandmother of Twiggy

15. Su August 20, 2015

I just love the dress and I do adore your posts, keep up :)

• Bold Bliss September 2, 2015

Thanks dear! I adore your blog too :)

16. Gemma August 19, 2015

Wow great post! Love the dress and the pics are so good! Gemma xx

17. Danielle August 19, 2015

I love this! You look beautiful and where you took these photos is so pretty!! That necklace is beautiful!!!

Danielle