Statement Necklace in Ditto Rooms

Spiral staircase at Chateau de Beloeil - Bold Bliss

White off-the-shoulder dress and tribal necklace - Bold Bliss

Detail of stairs at Chateau de Beloeil, Belgium - Bold Bliss

White dress and mint statement necklace - Bold Bliss

View hallway at Chateau de Beloeil, Belgium - Bold Bliss

Romantic white off-the-shoulder dress and clogs - Bold Bliss

Happiness Boutique Statement Necklace c/o | Boohoo Dress (similar dresses here and here) | Zara Bag (similar here) | Vintage Mules (similar options herehere, here, here and a beautiful beige version here

In the Château de Beloeil, nestled in the rural countryside of Wallonia, the thoughts that crossed my mind were not my own but the ones of the hypothetical version of myself living there two centuries ago. The whisper of ball dresses gliding over the stairs, the formal introductions, the soft glimmer of jewelry and the restrained, muted talking: my stolen memories were whimsically pleasant.

On the way back to our hotel though, I gathered that it was rather presumptuous to assume that say two hundred years ago I would have lived in the stately rooms of a prince’s mansion and not downstairs, among the servants or even in the hay of some farmer’s stable!

Anyway, the stunning statement necklace I’m wearing is a design by Happiness Boutique, an online store based in Berlin. With their artful jewellery and upliftingly simple philosophy (“don’t worry, be happy”) they embody the free spirit of the Berlin art and design scene. Be warned: picking a piece of their jewellery is a challenging task as there are so many fabulous pieces to choose from!

I paired my statement necklace with a simple outfit to avoid a scattered look. I picked this timeless, crisp white dress with off the shoulder design because I find that statement necklaces work best on bare skin. On the empty canvas of a minimalistic outfit, my necklace made its statement so well that my daydreams carried me more than twenty instead of two centuries away. All the way to Egypt…

1. Jenna August 29, 2015

These places is gorgeous and the photos are beautiful. I love your dress.

2. Mica July 31, 2015

What a lovely white sundress, the perfect thing to wear with that statement necklace! :)

Away From The Blue Blog

3. Yasmin July 30, 2015

Love that you chose this necklace from Happiness Boutique! It’s way different than most of their selection. And it’s the perfect complement to a crisp white dress. I totally agree. Someone like me of diverse origin would be in the basement 200 years ago. That’s why I always hesitate with choosing a decade too far back when someone asks me that question – if you could live in any era…? I adore the photos from this Chateau. There is so much beauty around you and you captured it magnificently!

xx Yasmin

• Bold Bliss August 7, 2015

Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Yasmin! I’m not sure about what you say re living in the basement 200 years ago – you could have been an Indian princess ;) Xx

4. DOLCE VACAY July 30, 2015

What a beautiful blog and even more stunning photos! I love that dress!
    Greetings from Germany
    Dolce Vacay

5. Dr. Antoinette Dufy-Delapaille July 30, 2015

What a pity Charles-Joseph Lamoral François Alexis, 7th Prince de Ligne, can’t see your shoot! He is by far the most famous lord of Beloeil and as such wrote ‘Coup d’oeil sur Beloeil’, a booklet which, two centuries after his death, is still highly readable. No doubt the prince would have appreciated your shoot in his beloved castle as another unpretentious but charming ‘Coup d’oeil sur Beloeil’. And, being a man of excellent taste, he would have loved the confident yet modest togetherness of your white dress and splendid necklace.

Dr. Antoinette Dufy-Delapaille

• The late Charles-Joseph Lamoral François Alexis, 7th Prince de Ligne July 30, 2015

Dear Dr. Antoinette Dufy-Delapaille

You must know that, as most of the inmates here, I am an addict of the social media. So you are mistaken when you think I can’t see what you call the BoldBliss ‘shoot’. (Being an adept of the noble sport of hunting, I like that expression.)

Apart from that I fully endorse your judgement on the ‘shoot’. But may I take the liberty to add one slight nuance: I would call it ‘a coup d’oeil sur Beloeil, but with a clin d’oeil.’ (a wink). And therein resides its particular charm.

The late Charles-Joseph Lamoral François Alexis, 7th Prince de Ligne, field marshall and writer (1735-1814)

6. Heidi July 29, 2015

These photos are so gorgeous! I love tis little white dress and it fits so perfectly into the story here.

Wishes & Reality

7. Aneta July 29, 2015

I just adore every one of your posts! Those pictures are breathtaking.. Loving your dress and the necklace!
    Have a beautiful day,
    A.

8. Zarrah July 29, 2015

Wow the place looks amazing.
    I love the shots as always.
    That dress and accessories blend well.
    Love it

The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

9. NGOC LAN July 29, 2015

Tribal Art Statement Necklace is a highlight that catches me attention at once. It’s very elegant and looks perfect on your white dress.

10. Lindsey Dish July 29, 2015

Breath-taking photos! And I can’t tell which I love more: the dress or the necklace.
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish